Thursday, March 1, 2012

Lamb roast recipe

For tonights meal I had a beautiful piece of meat that was pastured.  It was about 3 pounds.  I paired it with mashed cauliflower and sauteed kale.
List of ingredients:
-1 lamb roast (3-4 pounds)
-1 small package fresh mint leaves finely chopped. (food processor optional)
-1tablespoon minced garlic
-6 peeled cloves of garlic
-Black pepper (to taste)
-Sea salt (to taste)
-2 cups beef broth (I made my own from a beef roast I did a few days ago)
-4 tomatoes
Cooking instructions:
1. Heat beef broth in crock pot while you prepare the lamb.
2. Stab lamb roast with slender knife and insert garlic cloves.
3. Rub in mint, minced garlic, salt, and pepper covering entire roast.
4. Place roast in crockpot on low covered.
5. Dice up the tomatoes and add to broth.
6. Cook roast for 8-10 hours (until tender)
This roast should be so tender it will fall apart when you pull it out.  I used some of the tomatoes as topping.  Pair with seasonal veggies for a nutritious meal!  Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. If you feel comfortable, I think it would be good to post your food budget or the cost of the items you're preparing. That's one of the biggest arguments AGAINST paleo is the cost but it's actually not bad.

    Just an idea!

    The meal looks delicious! YUM!

    ReplyDelete